Selling your property can be a daunting task. Turn your worries over to Ed Geist Realtor to streamline the process, ensure that everything is completed as quickly and efficiently as possible. Here’s an overview of the steps we’ll be taking along the way.
The First Meeting
Our initial meeting is an opportunity to get to know each other. I believe that every home and family has its own story and I would like to hear your story. My goal is to get to know you and your family; learn about your goals and expectations. You get to learn about my background, experience, how I work and of course to ask questions
Determining the Value of Your Home
- Pricing your home properly from the start is the deciding factor on how long it will take your home to sell.
- Location is the single most important factor in determining the value of your property.
- The condition of your home affects the price and the speed of the sale. Our studies have shown that first impressions are critically important. Ed will provide suggestions to help optimize the physical appearance of your home.
- Prospective buyers are going to compare your home in terms of condition, location, price and design, to the other competing listings in and around your neighborhood. Those buyers will determine value, based on properties that are listed or have recently sold in your area.
- Property values are affected by the current real estate market; time of the year, cost and availability of money, inventory levels. As you know we do not control the market, but we can collaborate on a pricing and marketing strategy that will take advantage of the first 30 days your property is listed. It is the window of opportunity when buyers and their agents discover your property and are most likely to visit and make offers.
Communication makes all the difference
- Ed provides up to date information on other competing properties
- Ed solicits feedback from each buyer and agent who views your home, passing their comments on to you, and implementing any possible changes
- Work together to formulate a price strategy that sees us through to the sale of you home
- Receive weekly progress reports
Preparing for success – Prepare your home for the market
- Evaluate the current state of your property
- Identify any repairs or improvements needed to maximize your home’s appeal and value
- Recommend cost effective ways to prepare your home for sale
- When everything is in place, we will put a lockbox on your property
Marketing Your Property
- Promote your property online, Facebook, You tube
- Schedule professional photo shoot of your home
- Create virtual tour
- Schedule open houses
- Yard signs
- Professionally designed information sheets/home brochures
- Input listing into Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Provide weekly report to the seller
- Secure/screen potential buyers
Coordinating Your Sale to a Successful Closing
- Pre-qualify all potential buyers
- Present and review all offers with you
- Negotiate the details of the offer with the buyer’s agent
- Schedule survey, appraisal, inspection and closing
- Review HUD 1 Settlement Statement to ensure accuracy
- Finally closing!!!
- The buying market has a short attention span
- Pricing your home right the first time is key
- Proper pricing attracts buyers
- An overpriced house will not sell
- We want to generate offers before the market moves on to newer listings